4 Valuable Tips For Keeping Your Home Clean And Organized After A Move
You’ve unpacked the last box and are settling into your new home. But before you can empty the next bin, take a moment to reflect on how you want your home to feel. Do you want to keep your home clean and organized? Do you want it to be inviting? Maybe you want a space that reflects who you are! Whatever the case, some simple things can help ensure that your new place feels just as comfortable as it was packed in boxes.
1. Create A Cleaning Routine
- Create a routine. After moving, one of the most important things is to establish a cleaning schedule for your new home. It’s human nature to want everything done all at once, but it’s better not to get overwhelmed and frustrated with a task that will take longer than you anticipate. Instead of taking on everything at once, create a cleaning routine that allows you to tackle one room or area at a time—and stick with it until everything has been completed.
- Clean as you go. You don’t want to find yourself in the middle of dinner prep, only realizing your kitchen isn’t clean enough for guests tomorrow night because three days ago, you last swept under the table! By including regular daily maintenance tasks into their lives, people can make sure they stay on top of their housekeeping responsibilities without allowing them to fall by the wayside as they get busy with work and other activities throughout their day-to-day lives.”
2. Purge, Donate And Sell Unused Items
Once you’ve decided to purge, donate, or sell unused items, it’s time to get organized!
- First and foremost: if you haven’t already done so, be sure to sort through everything that’s going into the move. This includes clothes, books, kitchenware, and utensils—anything that could conceivably be stored in your new home. Be ruthless about discarding anything that doesn’t belong in the house, even if an item was helpful at one point or another (like a hand-me-down stove); if it isn’t being used anymore, let go!
- Next up: decide what stays and what goes. This can often be difficult because there are so many things we’ve collected over time with the best intentions of using them someday—but realistically speaking, most people do not need an entire box full of tangled cords under their desk just waiting for them when they get home from work every night. If something hasn’t been used regularly enough over several months or years (especially if it has no sentimental value), consider tossing these items out too!
- Lastly: make sure everything is packed correctly away before moving day arrives; remember that unpacking after a long drive is much more strenuous than packing beforehand would have been—so make sure all belongings are placed into boxes neatly ahead so as not to waste precious energy later on during unloading/rearranging processes which could otherwise be spent relaxing instead!”
3. Decorate With Plants
The first step to decorating your home after moving is to add plants. Plants are a great way to add color, texture, and life to any space. They can also have some unexpected benefits worth considering before you start buying plants for your new home.
- Air Purifying Plants for New Homes: If you’re moving into a new home, it’s important to remember that there will be dirt and dust throughout the house because they’re usually packed up during the move. You’ll want to use air-purifying plants like spider plants or English ivy to remove some harmful particles from the air around you so that they don’t affect how much oxygen passes through your body each day—and hence how healthy or tired you feel!
4. Bring In Cheerful Decor That Reflects Your Personality
The last thing you want to do after moving is stress. So, please sit back, relax and let us help you organize your home so that the chaos of the move is a distant memory.
Here are some tips on how to keep your home clean and organized after a move:
- Bring in decor that reflects your personality: If there’s one thing we know about people who love their homes, they tend to make them as personal as possible—they bring in decor elements that reflect their personalities. This can be achieved through color (using colors from their favorite sports team or college), adding plants for greenery, mirrors for added space, and artwork with a meaning behind it.
- Use candles to create an inviting atmosphere: Candles are an easy way to add warmth and character to any room—especially one that may feel cold after being empty for several days or weeks during the move process. They also serve another purpose besides adding cozy lighting; they mask odors! If there have been, food smells lingering around since before you moved into your new place (such as garlic from cooking dinner last night), then consider buying some scented candles like vanilla bean or lavender. Both fragrances mask but remove those yucky odors lingering in carpets/curtains etc.
We hope that these tips have helped you to realize that keeping your home clean and organized is not a daunting task. You can make the most of your time and space by taking advantage of these simple suggestions.
For more information, queries or concerns contact us today or visit our website Rollers Moving.