Whether you’re relocating down the street or across the country, packing is an art form. A well-packed home not only saves you time and energy on moving day but also ensures your belongings reach their destination safely. With years of moving experience, Roller’s Moving offers you expert insights into packing like a pro.
1. Start with a Plan
Good packing starts long before the first box is taped.
- Inventory List: List down everything you own and categorize items. It helps decide what to take, sell, donate, or toss.
- Packing Schedule: Don’t cram everything into the last week. Schedule packing sessions over days, focusing on one room at a time.
2. Get Quality Packing Supplies
Your belongings are precious, and their safety starts with good packing material.
- Study Boxes: Double-walled boxes offer additional protection.
- Bubble Wrap and Packing Paper: For fragile items, it’s indispensable.
- Permanent Markers: Clearly label every box by room and contents for easy unpacking.
3. The Art of Boxing
Packing items in a box may seem straightforward, but there’s a method to the madness.
- Heaviest First: Place the heaviest items at the bottom, working your way up to the lightest.
- Fill Gaps: Use crumpled newspapers, towels, or linens to fill voids. This prevents items from shifting during the move.
- Avoid Overloading: Overfilled boxes are harder to lift and more likely to break.
4. Special Care for Fragile Items
Delicate items need a little extra TLC.
- Bubble Wrap: Every fragile item should be wrapped individually.
- Label as Fragile: Clearly indicate boxes containing delicate items. This informs anyone handling it to be extra careful.
5. Clothing Hacks
Clothes can be deceptively tricky to pack.
- Wardrobe Boxes: These tall boxes allow you to hang your dresses, suits, and coats, preventing them from creasing.
- Roll, Don’t Fold: Rolling clothes can save space and reduce wrinkles.
6. Essential Box
Moving day can be chaotic, and it’s easy to misplace items you need immediately.
- Prepare an Essentials Box: Include things like toiletries, a change of clothes, medications, chargers, and important documents.
- Hand Carry: Keep this box with you during the move so you have immediate access to essentials.
7. Electronic Organizing
Your gadgets need special attention during a move.
- Original Boxes: If you’ve saved them, original boxes are ideal for packing electronics.
- Photograph Setups: Before disconnecting everything, snap a few pictures. It’ll make setting up in your new place easier.
Packing might seem tedious, but with the right hacks and a systematic approach, it can be efficient and even fun. At Roller’s Moving, we pride ourselves on ensuring every move is smooth from start to finish. Armed with these professional packing tips, you’re well on your way to a stress-free move. Contact us today to schedule your move!